Tampa International Airport (TPA) located just 6 miles west of downtown Tampa, FL. The airport is served by over twenty major air carrier airlines, four regional airlines, and three air cargo carriers that serve 93 non-stop destinations. Last year, 2019, the airport handled over 22 million passengers, making it the 28th-busiest airport by passenger movements in North America.
In late 2017, TPA was managing all customer service cases using an out-of-date, inadequate system that provided a number of pain points. Cases were being logged in different systems for each department (Customer Service, Police, Lost and Found, Etc.).
- Lack of 360-degree view of customers and cases.
- Lack of reporting.
- Manual, unstandardized responses.
- Insufficient source of Knowledge Base (internal and external facing).
- Systems could not integrate with the TPA website, which caused a bottleneck of emails.
It was at that time they decided to move to Desk.
During the implementation of Desk.
- Implementation of Salesforce CRM to gather and store information about clients (Account & Contact Management).
- Implement Salesforce Service Cloud to gather and store cases. Cases could be automatically submitted using the email-to-case or web-to-case (website integration) features. Cases could also be manually created.
- Implemented auto-response rules to keep clients up-to-date on their case.
- Created multiple assignment rules and queues to help sort cases to the correct individuals/departments for a faster resolution time.
- Created macros that provided a standardized and more streamlined response to clients.
- Created and implemented a Knowledge Base (KB) for FAQs for internal and external facing.
- Created a number of reports and dashboards to help see the overall picture of each type of case and matrix around those cases.
- Provided an organized database of customers and cases related to each of them.
- Standardized responses to clients.
- Decreased response time to clients regarding cases.
- More visibility on cases and departments.
- Increased internal staff knowledge using the KB Articles.
- Provided a self-service portal for clients (KB Articles)