Meet Chris Brakel – Senior Salesforce Consultant at Plative!
- I have lived in 10 different US states – Minnesota, Iowa, Texas, New Mexico, California, Washington State, New York, and Massachusetts. My favorite states are Washington state because of Seattle and Massachusetts as I really enjoy living in Boston – I just love being near the ocean and the mountains.
- I have 14 nieces and nephews from only 3 siblings. My older sister has 8 children.
- I have a Ph.D. in Music Theory and Composition. I started piano lessons when I was young, picked up percussion in elementary school, and then also pursued it as an undergrad. When I realized that I didn’t want to be a performer, I switched focus to music theory and composition for my graduate degrees.
What do you do at Plative?
I’m a Senior Salesforce Consultant within the Managed Services Team. I primarily work with Financial Services clients to build long-lasting post-implementation relationships for Salesforce support and optimization. I enjoy the variety of working with multiple clients and find it really rewarding when we solve problems and make improvements to their businesses.
What’s your favorite thing to do where you currently live?
There are a plethora of activities to do here in Boston. Some of my favorites are biking, hiking, attending the Boston Symphony Orchestra, and exploring all of the restaurants and breweries, such as Row 34 in Boston, The Hourly Oyster House in Cambridge, Trillium Brewing Company in Boston, and Zero Gravity Brewing in Burlington, Vermont.
What would you do if you didn’t choose your career path?
- In my former life, I taught music, so my current answer would be aspirational as a full-time independent investor.
What is your most unusual or hidden talent?
- My unusual or hidden talent would be music composition: I write contemporary concert music (aka “Classical” music) for a wide variety of instruments/ensembles.
Ready to work alongside #GameChangers like Chris? Check out our open roles!