Top Enhancements in CRM, Analytics, and Industries
The Salesforce Spring ’24 Release Brings Exciting New Features for Salesforce Customers
As a leading Salesforce and Oracle Netsuite consultancy, we at Plative are always eager to learn about the latest updates to the Salesforce platform. The Salesforce Spring ’24 release brings helpful new features and enhancements across Salesforce products that our customers can benefit from. In this blog post, we’ll summarize some of the key highlights.
Salesforce Spring Release Lightning Experience Enhancements
Lightning Experience, Salesforce’s modern CRM user interface, continues to be improved and refined. Some notable updates in the Spring ’24 release include:
- Enhanced List Views: List views have been upgraded with inline editing, mass actions from hover menus, and easier sorting/filtering. This should help users be more productive when working with records.
- Better Accessibility: Accessibility enhancements provide an improved experience for users that rely on assistive technologies like screen readers.
- Improved Notifications: More configurable and flexible notifications will allow users to customize notifications to meet their specific needs.
Salesforce Mobile App Improvements
The Salesforce Mobile App also sees several handy updates:
- Dynamic Forms: Updated dynamic forms include new field types and let admins create forms tailored to users’ needs.
- Customized Navigation: Admins can now customize navigation menu items in the mobile app by user profile.
- Enhanced Search: Users can now search both globally and within the context of a record right from the mobile navigation bar.
Tableau CRM and Einstein Analytics Evolutions
Tableau CRM, Salesforce’s business intelligence and analytics offering, gains some valuable new capabilities:
- Governed Self-Service Analytics: With governed datasets, groups of users can access trusted, compliant data via self-service analytics.
- Automated Explainability (Beta): AI-powered explainability helps non-technical users easily understand key drivers behind changes in key metrics.
- Custom Formula Fields: Users can now create custom formula fields within Tableau CRM without code using point-and-click tools.
These are just some of the many updates coming that should provide more analytics flexibility and power to customers.
Hyperforce, Salesforce’s public cloud deployment of Salesforce on hyper-scalable infrastructure, continues its expansion across products:
- Service Cloud Hyperforce (Generally Available): For customers that want Service Cloud hosted on Hyperforce’s global hyper-scale infra.
- Additional Products Coming Soon: Salesforce aims to host additional clouds like Marketing Cloud on Hyperforce infrastructure over the coming releases.
Salesforce Industries Cloud Innovations
For customers in Salesforce’s key industries, there are targeted innovations too:
- Healthcare & Life Sciences Cloud: New tools for patient engagement, improved provider directories, and streamlined patient/member management.
- Financial Services Cloud: Member portal, wealth management insights, and advisor productivity features help serve financial services customers.
- Public Sector Cloud: Grant management, constituent services, and case visibility improvements aim to meet the unique needs of public sector organizations.
The industry-specific updates highlight Salesforce’s commitment to providing tailored solutions.
Those are just some highlights, but there’s much more in this exciting release! As your trusted partner, Plative looks forward to helping you take advantage of these new innovations to meet your business goals.
Let us know how we can help you prepare for the Spring ’24 rollout or implement any of these new features. We’re here to guide you every step of the way.