As subject matter experts in the Pardot-Account Engagement field, Plative is frequently approached for advice on the most effective methods for handling List Segmentation in Account Engagement. We want to help take you under the hood with Pardot. Some of the typical questions we receive include:
- How much time and manual effort should our team realistically expect to dedicate to properly segmenting our lists?
- What are some strategies we can employ to reduce manual time spent and automate the process?
- Is it possible to add an Account Engagement Prospect to a list based on their Salesforce Campaign membership, and if so, how can that be accomplished?
- Should we utilize Dynamic Lists, Automation Rules, Page Actions, Completion Actions, or a combination of these to achieve our goals?
Answering these questions is no simple task, as it requires a deep dive into the inner workings of Pardot-Account Engagement. Our aim with this blog post is to educate or refresh your knowledge on what’s possible and empower you to confidently follow best practices for List Management in Account Engagement. Before we proceed, please take a few minutes to watch the informative video below:
Now that you’ve watched the video, let’s summarize the key takeaways:
- Account Engagement enables you to decrease manual effort on List Management by approximately 50%.
- A common strategy to reduce manual work and automate the lead generation process is implementing an initial webform signup that captures interests and distributes all new Prospects to a Welcome program. This approach allows you to onboard new leads or clients, familiarize them with your organization, and showcase your offerings. Additionally, having these interests recorded on each prospect’s record facilitates further audience segmentation for other types of communication.
- Utilizing Salesforce campaigns to address your marketing needs is highly recommended. For instance, a Dynamic List can be created using “Salesforce CRM Campaign” = “Any Campaign name here,” which compiles a list of prospects that are campaign members. This ensures that as long as a Lead or Contact in Salesforce has been added to a Campaign as a member, they’ll be dynamically pulled into that list in Account Engagement.
- Employ a combination of any of the automated options in Account Engagement to meet your objectives. Some examples we discussed include:
- Adding prospects to static lists via Completion Actions on a Form
- Adding prospects to static lists based on field values on the form.
As demonstrated, there are numerous ways to approach List Management in Pardot-Account Engagement. It’s important to note that obtaining proper consent is a crucial aspect of this process. Ensure your leads don’t resonate with the above quote from Michael Corleone in The Godfather, by always obtaining appropriate consent before adding them to your sending lists!
We hope you found this blog post helpful, and until next time, may the (Sales) Force be with you! If you want to learn more or get under the hood with Pardot yourself, get in touch!